Internship Program is open for College/University students from local and international universities.
- Duration: March – September every year.
- Internship period: 4 weeks & above.
Opportunity offered to the students:
- Able to work hands on with endangered sea turtles.
- Participate in the conservation, research and outreach activities conducted by SEATRU, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu.
· Introduction to general information of sea turtles.
· Data collection
week 2 onwards
(Assist SEATRU in conservation, research and outreach program.)
Day time activities:
· Monitor nests under incubation from predators
· Beach clean up
· Participate in nest check and nest analysis
· Nest and data recording
· Patrolling the beach for nesting turtle
· Record turtle nesting activities
· Tagging and measuring of sea turtle
· Marking of sea turtle nests
· Visit to the village of Redang Island
· Visit to the Marine Park Information Centre
· Prepare materials for poster, data recording in computer and so on.
· Involve in any research and outreach program conducted by SEATRU during internship period.