Due to limited boat and vehicle space and several transfers, you are required to put all your belongings into ONE piece of rugged luggage (waterproof is good). You will have to carry your own luggage as well as helping us to carry the grocery supplies to the island. Items that you should bring are:
- sun-block lotion and insect repellent
- sunglasses, cap (if you use eyeglasses, please bring along an extra pair)
- field clothes —T-shirts (you will be given one volunteer T-shirt), shorts, quick drying long trousers, sweater. Dark T-shirts and pants are required for monitoring work at night, as turtles can be distracted by white or bright colours
- sleeping bag or light blanket and inflatable pillow if you wish.
- swimwear (mask and snorkels are available). Fins are not permitted.
- sport shoes for hiking
- penlight and AA batteries (use will be kept to a minimum)
- digital watch (with backlight)
- personal items — toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, vitamins, medication. Use of toilet paper is not allowed.
- snacks and junk food for personal indulgence (halal only).
- optional items — underwater disposable camera, reading materials, binoculars (if you have them)
Download here for Volunteer Briefing 2017